Today's posting is about the places of interest, around the 2 regions of canada that we went to.
As mentioned in previous posting, since we dont have enough days/time (and also money), we only went to the west side of canada.
The east side (toronto or quebec or montreal) will be covered on the next trip (yg entahla labuuu, bila la tu agaknye hehe).
Since this side of Canada is famous for their rockies (rocky mountains or canadian rockies namanya),
And since we are more towards covering the natures nowadays,
(Sejak dah tua tua ni dah malas lak nak visit2 muzium/cathedrals/building/architectures segala tuh)(tapi, ikot mood gak la, kekdg minat balik, kekdg dah malas)(ini perlu diterangkan),
makanya, most of the journeys were solely at admiring the mountains, the lakes, the scenery & the fresh air.
And since one of us is not fit (u know who), and luckily the other 2 pon turut malas, we didnt hike la any of the mountains haha.
SILA JGN KECAM.
Alaaaaaa, dari bawah pon lawaaaaaaaaa. kalo kite hike nanti, kite penat, pastu tak rilek dan mengenjoy view, kan kan kan ahahahhahaha
Okla, semua org ada semua org punye suka, ko suke hike, ko hike la, kalo kau suke berehat2, ko rehatla, kalo ko suke shopping ko gi la landen tu je, or usa tempat2 factory outlet tu je.
(ek eh tetibe emo lak)
(ok nak cerita jap kenape tetibe emo, haritu ade la ofismet ni kecam saya, sbb gi canada tapi tak gi ice-skating/skiing. sukahtila kite nak buat activity apepekan? ahhhhh org dibumi semua jahat2!!!)
OK back to the story.
So BC and alberta are well known for the rockies. (sama macam how swiss and austria terkenal dgn banjaran alps nya)
And antara 2 most major national parks here are Banff National Park and Jasper National Park, hence the solution to stay at these 2 states for 3-4nights, in our case.
Actually ade bykkkk lagi national park yg cantik2 subhanallah kalo naik lagi atas2 alberta, tp, kalo nak cover semua, kite kene la menginap terus di canada ya tuan tuan.
May Allah ease our money for us to go there, lagi. Amin.
As usual, im gonna copypaste first the whole trip's journey list:
Day00 - KUL to Shanghai to Vancouver
Day01 - Vancouver to Whistler - Overnight in Whistler - Blackcomb Lodge by Whistler Premier
Day02 - Whistler to CacheCreek - Overnight in Cache Creek - Canadas Best Value Desert Inn & Suites
Day03 - Cachecreek to Revelstoke - Overnight Revelstoke - Frontier Motel
Day04 - Revelstoke to Banff & Canmore - Overnight in canmore - THE DRAKE INN
Day05 - Canmore to LakeLouise & Banff - Overnight in canmore - THE DRAKE INN
Day06 - Canmore Mt Lorette & Calgary - Overnight in canmore - THE DRAKE INN
Day07 - Canmore ThreeSistersMountain dll - Overnight in canmore - THE DRAKE INN
Day08 - Canmore to Lake Peyto to Jasper - OVERNIGHT IN JASPER - Tonquin Inn
Day09 - Jasper to Maligne, Medicine & Pyramid Lake - OVERNIGHT IN JASPER - Tonquin Inn
Day10 - Jasper to Valley of 5 Lakes - OVERNIGHT IN JASPER - Tonquin Inn
Day11 - Jasper to Clearwater - Overnight in ClearWater - Watauga Village Cabins and Suites
Day12 - Clearwater to Kamloops to Lytton - Overnight in Lytton - Lytton Hotel
Day13 - Lytton to HRC to Vancouver - Overnight in Vancouver - Atrium Inn Vancouver
Day14 - Vancouver - Overnight in Vancouver - Atrium Inn Vancouver
Day15 - Vancouver (the night is the night we went back home KL)
Day16 - Vancouver to Shanghai to KUL
So here, i'm gonna list the places that we went to:
1) Squamish (on the way to whistler) & Shannon Falls - 3rd highest waterfall in BC.
- we x sempat naik sea-to-sky gondola (sbb sampai sni dah 530pm camtu dan kol6pm tutup dah).
2) Whistler town - sangat cantik dan touristy.
Our hotel mmg bebetul tengah2 marketplace, that's why the parking fee is quite expensive kot.
And x sempat nak bebetul round the whole town. Kalo ade mase, we can ride the gondola and there is a "Peak to Peak Gondola" from whistler mountain to blackcomb mountain. menarikkk giler wehhh!
3) Green lake - biase2 je.
From wikipedia: Green Lake is the largest and most northerly lake in the Resort Municipality of Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. It is the source of the Green River, a tributary of the Lillooet River, and is fed by the River of Golden Dreams, which issues from Alta Lake, which is at the height of land dividing the Green River drainage from that of the Cheakamus River to the south, which is a tributary of the Squamish River. Also feeding Green Lake are Fitzsimmons Creek, which originates in the valley above Whistler Village between Blackcomb and Whistler Mountains, and Rainbow Creek, which descends from Rainbow Mountain via the Alpine Meadows subdivision
4) Nairn Falls - biase2 je
5) Joffre Lake Provincial Park - lawa giler!!! and langit tengah cantik with matahari. (but we only went to lower Joffre Lake. Kalo hiker tegar, harus naik ke middle & upper Joffre Lake)
There are three turquoise, glacier-fed lakes, each more spectacular than the last. The lakes are aptly named Lower, Middle (2.5km hike from the lower lake) and Upper Joffre Lakes (around 2km hike from middle lake). Along the way, you are also rewarded with creek crossings, a waterfall, and several viewpoints of the surrounding mountain range. Finally, there’s the scenery at the top, an up close view of the Matier Glacier and a rugged campsite for those wanting to spend the night.
6) Duffey Lake - lawa gak and very peaceful. (dan ada byk kayu balak atas air. sgt insta-worthy)
7) Kamloops lake - lawa giler. ade kwn aku siap mintak gamba kitorg amek kat sini ni, without muke aku. siot je. sape rajin bole baca disini https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamloops_Lake
8) Salmon Arm - ni kitorg sampai dah waktu senja, so sempat tgk keadaan mentari merah diufuk timur sejjah... hehe
Salmon Arm takes its name from its place along Shuswap Lake. The lake has four "arms": Shuswap Arm in the west, Seymour Arm in the north, Anstey Arm in the northeast, and Salmon Arm in the south, named after the large runs of salmon that used to run up the creeks that empty into the lake
9) Trans-canada Highway (from revelstoke towards banff akan lalu mt Revelstoke Nat Park, glacier national park of canada) & golden.
The Trans-Canada Highway (French: Route Transcanadienne) is a transcontinental federal-provincial highway system that travels through all ten provinces of Canada from the Pacific Ocean on the west to the Atlantic on the east. The main route spans 7,821 km (4,860 mi) across the country, one of the longest routes of its type in the world. The highway system is recognizable by its distinctive white-on-green maple leaf route markers, although there are small variations in the markers in some provinces. (ala mcm xde amek gamba maple leaf sign tuh)
10) Banff: Banff downtown & Banff National Park:wajib pergi!!!
Rocky Mountain peaks, turquoise glacial lakes, a picture-perfect mountain town and village, abundant wildlife and scenic drives come together in Banff National Park - Canada’s first national park and the flagship of the nation’s park system. Banff is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Icefields Parkway extends from Lake Louise, connecting to Jasper National Park in the north. Provincial forests and Yoho National Park are neighbours to the west, while Kootenay National Park is located to the south and Kananaskis Country to the southeast. The main commercial centre of the park is the town of Banff, in the Bow River valley.
- a) YOHO National Park - Yoho NP is bordered by Kootenay National Park on the southern side and Banff National Park on the eastern side in Alberta. The name Yoho comes from the Cree word for awe and wonder.
- b) Natural Bridge - lawa! it is in yoho natpark.
The Natural Bridge is a unique rock which has been gradually carved out over time by the powerful Kicking Horse River to resemble a bridge, with a variety of waterfalls flowing around it. It is a magnificent work of nature and an impressive natural wonder
- c) Emerald Lake - ok yg ni lawa gila mcm cermin! ditambah dgn cuaca cantik, matahari cantik. fuhhh. The lake setting itself is quite secluded, but can be easily accessed from the Trans Canada Highway. you can opt to walk around the lake for 1-2hours walking (5.2km) but kitorg tak melakukannye, sbb nak duduk menikmati pemandangan sejjah.
Emerald Lake is located in Yoho National Park, British Columbia, Canada. It is the largest of Yoho's 61 lakes and ponds, as well as one of the park's premier tourist attractions. Emerald Lake Lodge, a high-end lodge perched on the edge of the lake, provides local accommodation. During the summer months, canoe rentals are available; in the winter, the lake is a popular cross country skiing destination. The lake is enclosed by mountains of the President Range, as well as Mount Burgess and Wapta Mountain. This basin traps storms, causing frequent rain in summer and heavy snowfalls in winter. This influx of moisture works with the lake's low elevation to produce a unique selection of flora. Due to its high altitude, the lake is frozen from November until June. The vivid turquoise color of the water, caused by powdered limestone, is most spectacular in July as the snow melts from the surrounding mountains.
- d) Lake Louise - ini lake yg sgtsgt cantik, but we arrived on a gloomy weather. nasebaik sejurus selepas bergamba dlm 8ribu keping, baru start hujan renyai2. so, the mirror efect wasnt really captured, but the lake was still a beautiful one. dahla there are some kepingan2 ais keping hasil dari pecahan permukaan tasik yg beku. mmg kami x sudah2 main baling2 ais keping la kat sini.
Lake Louise is known as the hiking capital of the world, but that doesn’t mean you have to summit a mountain during your visit. There are walks that allow for casual strolls and trails that have little elevation gain but still allow you to take in the beautiful scenery that the area has to offer.
Minimal elevation gain, 4 km round trip, allow 1 hour
Trailhead – starts in front of the Chateau Lake Louise hotel
This is a flat easy trail where you can stroll along the lake shore taking in the beautiful views of the water and mountain peaks. It’s the classic walk that everybody does when they visit the lake.
- e) Mt Lorette Ponds (Kananaskis country) - ni hari yg cantik, cuaca dan matahari cantik, tp tasiknye dah beku diatas, so x berapa nak lawa.
- f) 3 Sisters mountain - ini mmg mountain yg kalo ko hiker, ko boleh hike, tp kalo nak melihatnya, haruslah bediri dari jauh dan nampak ketiga2 nya.
Elevation 2,936 m (9,633 ft) 
Coordinates 51°00′50″N 115°21′00″WCoordinates: 51°00′50″N 115°21′00″W
The Three Sisters are a trio of peaks near Canmore, Alberta, Canada. They are known individually as Big Sister (Faith), Middle Sister (Charity) and Little Sister (Hope). In the traditional language of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney) the peaks are also referred to as the three sisters. However, the name refers to a story of Ĩ-ktomnĩ, the old man or trickster, who would promise 'three sisters' in marriage whenever he was in trouble.
- g) Whiteman's Pond, Goat Pond, Spray Lake Reservoir - ketiga2 ponds/lakes ni actually located at the same road towards spray lake. actually mase ni kitorg tgh cari where to take pictures of the 3 sisters mountain, tp tejumpa tasik2 ni, makanya kite tgk2 la.. lawa dan sejukkkkkkk gila.
- h) Bankhead, Johnson Lake, Two jack lake, Lake Minnewanka - these 3 lakes pon terletak at the same strecth of road towards lake minnewanka. masih sama macam tasik2 sebelum ini.
- i) Banff Spring hotel - 1 of top 10 most haunted hotel in world! - UNESCO world heritage site. A former Canadian Pacific Railway hotel built in the Scottish Baronial style, the Banff Springs Hotel has been called the Castle in the Rockies. Few other hotels in North America can rival its grandeur.
This iconic Canadian railway hotel has long said to be haunted. Look for the grand staircase where a bride is said to have fallen and broken her neck on her wedding day in the 1920's. Hotel guests have reporting hearing noises in the bridal suite and seeing images of a flowing apparition in a wedding gown on the stairs.
j) Banff bow falls - Lawa sbb ade mcm basalt rocks tepi2 dia tuh.
Bow Falls is a major waterfall on the Bow River, Alberta just before the junction of it and the Spray River. The falls are located near the Banff Springs Hotel and golf course on the left-hand side of River Road. The 1953 Marilyn Monroe film River of No Return featured the falls (gittew).
- *note: morraine lake - we scheduled a morraine lake visit during the stays at banff, tp ia dah tutup. sedih ngat :(
and we went to WR's friend's house here dan diberi makan nasi lemak! baru seminggu je pon mase ni, tp, dapat nasi lemak tu umpama dah setahun x jumpe nasi ceritenyer!
11) Jasper: Jasper town & Jasper National Park: Jasper town itseld ialah pekan koboi yg cantik except that we arrived at a gloomy weather and sky, dan tiap2 hari x sempat pon nak jalan sekeliling, just enjoyed the view from the car towards our destination2 pada hari2 tersebut.
Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rockies comprises a vast wilderness area of Alberta province defined by glaciers, lakes and peaks like 11,033-ft.-high Mt. Edith Cavell. The Icefields Parkway, a road from the town of Jasper, passes subalpine forest and the immense Columbia Icefield. Outdoor activities like hiking, camping and skiing are popular. Native wildlife includes elk, moose, bighorn sheep and bears. (kami ade jumpe beberapa wildlife while driving seperti deer, mooses, kambing gurun tatau nama apa, squirrel, beaver, tp, malangnyeee, x jumpe langsungggg bear huhuhu)
- a) Icefield's parkway (from banff (after the transcanada hiway) to jasper) - ya allah ini ialah jalan yg sepanjang2 perjalanan punyela cantik rase sampai nak berhenti tiap2 meter. wajibulghunnah kalo korg pegi jasper lalu sini! (bole baca ini: https://icefieldsparkway.com/highlights/best-photos)
- b) Lake Peyto - INI LAWA! lawa giler and the weather was nice that day with sunshine, x hujan, ade snow dan tebal tp x gloomy. lawa giler gamba kitorg kat sini nih! dan dpt main2 snow gila2 best gila. ok bawak bertenang videl.
- c) Waterfowl Lake - ini just tempat tepi jalan yg kami stop dan amek2 gamba.
- d) Saskatchewan River Crossing - ini pon same. tempat stop tepi jalan utk tgk view of saskatchewan river dan lakes2..
- e) Toe of Athabasca Glacier Trailhead - oh ini tempat beku! sejuk gila dikelilingi snow dan glaciers. The Athabasca glacier is one of the “toes” of the Columbia Icefield and is 6 kms square (2.3 sq miles) and 90–300 metres (300–980 ft) thick. This makes for impressive photos!
- f) Medicine Lake - ini lake yg interesting, altho x clear or berwarna hijau mcm tasik2 lain yg lawa2 tu, but the lake was frozen. dan kering. Every fall this lake mysteriously drains, like a bathtub with the plug pulled out.
The answer is, “out the bottom,” like a bathtub without a plug. The Maligne River pours into the lake from the south and drains out through sinkholes in the bottom. The water then streams through a cave system formed in the slightly soluble limestone rock, surfacing again in the area of Maligne Canyon 16 kilometers downstream. (read more here: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/medicine-lake)
- g) Maligne Lake - ni lawaaaa sepatutnye but when we arrived, it was already snowing dan gloomy so gamba tk cantik sgt but still lawa la. kat tetengah dia ade island, spirit island.
When artist and explorer Mary Schaffer became the first European to lay eyes on Maligne Lake in 1908, she called it “the Hall of Gods,” adding that “if Lake Louise is a pearl, Maligne is the entire pearl necklace.”
- h) Pyramid Lake & Patricia Lake - pyramid lake is around 7km drive from jasper, and u can see patricia lake first before sampai pyramid lake. pon lawa gila mcm mirror, ditambah dgn langit biru time ni. lawaaaaaa.
Patricia Lake is a lake in Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada, near the town of Jasper. It was named for Princess Patricia of Connaught, a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. It is connected by Pyramid Lake road and hiking trails to the town of Jasper.
- i) Valley of 5 lakes - yg nih kene hike sikit. sikit je la.
There are essentially two loops you can take. One is a shorter loop (2.3kms) that takes you by all five lakes and the second longer loop splits off the shorter loop and takes you all the way around lake #1 which adds on almost 5kms. (at first we did went to the 5km loop but stop halfway and goes to the shorter loop of 2.3km).
12) Clearwater - is a distrct we stop just to rest one night before continue to the next stop. the motel we stayed was actually nearby the north thompson river
13) Lytton - is a very small town mcm very cowboyish type. it sits at the confluence of the thompson river and fraser river.
14) Vancouver (downtown eastside) & Grandville Island
At vancouver downtown area, we pass by an area of the homeless. ramai gila and they were like bersepah2 at the town. mcm hippies.
grandville island was an interesting seafood/market place. ia besar dan mcm sebuah disneyland for org2 tua.
Granville Island provides amenities such as a large public market, an extensive marina, a boutique hotel, Arts Umbrella, False Creek Community Centre, various performing arts theatres including Vancouver's only professional improvisational theatre company Vancouver Theatresports League, the Arts Club Theatre Company and Carousel Theatre, fine arts galleries, and variety of shopping areas.
Granville Island Public Market Apples and calabash "geese", Granville Island Public Market, 2011.
The Granville Island Public Market features a farmers' market, day vendors, and artists offering local Vancouver goods. There are 50 permanent retailers and over one-hundred day vendors in stalls throughout the market selling a variety of artisan cottage-industry foods and handmade crafts on a rotating schedule
15) Cache Creek & Revelstoke - both small town we stop just to rest for a night from vancouver to banff. (van to banff = around 900km. kalo korang tahan, boleje drive straight, tp kami insan2 yg lemah haruslah stop before teruskan perjalanan yg berliku).
So overall, kami sgt puashati dengan semua tempat yg kami sempat cover kali ini, only these 2 lakes je yg agak rugi x pergi dan x fully pusing: Morraine & Maligne lakes.
Yg lelain boleje skip. kalo ade driver lelaki, adalah lebih baik tayah buang mase kat cachecreek, revelstoke, clearwater dan lytton tu semua, baik stret je from vancouver terus whistler then terus zass ke banf and then jasper. we need atleast seminggu at each of these.
pictures to be inserted
++THE ONE WITH CANADA | Costing & Itineraries : https://videl-kuchiki.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-one-with-canada-costing-itineraries.html
++THE ONE WITH CANADA | The Accommodations : https://videl-kuchiki.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-one-with-canada-accommodations.html
++THE ONE WITH CANADA | The Places (British Columbia (BC) and Alberta):