Wednesday, May 20, 2009

++357 the one with you found me

its amazing how many people mis-interpreting many lyrics.
i was searching&discussing with atuk the meaning of "First and Amistad" from the fray-you found me lyrics and little did i know, i might be mis-interpreting the whole lyrics too.

from the 1st para:
I found God, On the corner of First and Amistad, where the west, Was all but won
All alone, Smoking his last cigarette, I said, "Where you been?", He said, "Ask anything"

its funny how a man react to the writer's statement of "smoking his cigarettes". wtf?
ade org interpret that the statement is referring to the writer himself.
ade org interpret that the statement doesnt really meant god is smoking, but describing how god rilek2 tak buat apepe.

read some people's comment here:
http://www.musicloversgroup.com/the-fray-you-found-me-video-and-lyrics/
it's kinda funny tho. at 1 point, people are arguing about what religion is this song for. baik ko gi bace.

i like this one here..
Barbie. Says:
December 30th, 2008 at 4:13 pm

It's about hopelessness in general, not just in terms of religion. He uses God simply because its a recognizable entity. In essence he's referring to disappointment caused by a person whom he depended on for support. It's about being disillusioned; this seemingly incredible being is a regular Joe Schmoe. It touches on the concept of misleading appearances, as well as deceit. It's really a beautifully written piece. Definitely one of their best...
and this one too..
Mbanandi Says:
January 9th, 2009 at 8:50 pm

This is a poetic song and if you listen to it three or four time you will get the drift.
Read the lyrics and watch the video...
Ever watched the movie city of angels?
The writer of the song is on about a man meeting God, this is the dude smoking in the song. The dude is so frustrated he pours out his frustration when he finds God….The writer goes on to talk to God about all the mad stuff going on around him or in the world.
Hence in the end he repents and accepts he finally found what he was looking for - God!
God is telling this dude , I was always here… the questions is Where were you?
Brialliantly crafted song... 5 stars


read writer's comment about the lyrics here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Found_Me
In an interview, Isaac Slade expressed his meaning behind the lyrics of the song:
"You Found Me" It's about the disappointment, the heart ache, the let down that comes with life. Sometimes you’re let down, sometimes you’re the one who lets someone else down. It gets hard to know who you can trust, who you can count on. This song came out of a tough time, and I’m still right in the thick of it. There’s some difficult circumstances my family and friends have been going through over the past year or so and can be overwhelming. It wears on me. It demands so much of my faith to keep believing, keep hoping in the unseen. Sometimes the tunnel has a light at the end, but usually they just look black as night. This song is about that feeling, and the hope that I still have, buried deep in my chest.
Additionally, in another recent interview Isaac Slade declared that:

"I kept getting these phone calls from home - tragedy after tragedy... If there is some kind of person in charge of this planet - are they sleeping? Smoking? Where are they? I just imagined running into God standing on a street corner like Bruce Springsteen, smoking a cigarette, and I'd have it out with him."
Furthermore, in a Reuters article about the new album, Slade says that the lyrics for "You Found Me" were written two and a half years ago, and that the song asks about the problem of evil, why bad things happen to good people, after some of their friends and family went through very tough times.


for me, after all, its all about what u believe and what u didnot.
dont get too carried away with the whole lyrics issue and sit down and relax and enjoy the song simply. interpret it all u want, but dont be over-interpretting.

official video:

live version:


i couldnt sleep, and so, i dig deeper. and found that the song original title was "amistad" and was even created since 2007. the lyrics had been changed since then.
this was among the first rendetion of the song:

and this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfbupkkrRs

and while we were still new to the song, people had blogged about it since january2008.
this one is an interesting one: http://defininggrace.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/amistad-by-the-fray-lyrics/

latest lyrics:
I found God
On the corner of First and Amistad
Where the west
Was all but won
All alone
Smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?"
He said, "Ask anything".

Where were you
When everything was falling apart?
All my days
Were spent by the telephone
It never rang
And all I needed was a call
It never came
To the corner of First and Amistad

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

In the end
Everyone ends up alone
Losing her
The only one who's ever known
Who I am
Who I'm not, who I wanna be
No way to know
How long she will be next to me
[ The Fray Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

Early morning
The city breaks
I've been callin'
For years and years and years and years
And you never left me no messages
Ya never send me no letters
You got some kinda nerve
Taking all my world

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Where were you? Where were you?
Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me
Why'd you have to wait?
To find me, to find me

currently listening to:the fray - you found me
currently feeling:tidak mengantuk! damn gunadamn!
i wanna go to sleep lah.

2 comments:

eLLe said...

Haha.. kita pun dok fikir benda yg sama. cuba memahami lagu ni.

best best..
thanx for the explanation

videLcute said...

explain punye explain, akhirnye kite telupe explain ape org ckp psl 1st & amistad tuh. hehehe. byk giler interpretation. poning uwan ongah.